Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Myspace, can we still be friends?

I remember my first social network, 'Friendster'. We hung out a little back in 2003 and parts of 2004. I was pretty into it, then a friend introduced me to 'MySpace'. MySpace pretty much knocked my socks off, and for the first time in my life I had a serious social network. I pretty much saw MySpace everyday.
Thinking I was going to be with MySpace forever, I declined opportunities to log into this hot new network named 'Facebook'. I had some buddies tell me that Facebook was smarter and better looking, but I didn't give into the temptation and decided to be faithful to MySpace.
Well, I cheated on MySpace the other day, and got on Facebook. And I have to admit, I enjoyed it. Facebook has a beautiful interface and doesn't nag me all day with annoying requests like MySpace does. I don't think MySpace knows I have been seeing Facebook for the last week, but it's just a matter of time. We already have about 12 mutual friends. I know it’s early, but I think Facebook may be my soul network.

No comments: